Pages

Friday, March 02, 2012

Epiphanies

I had two epiphanies this morning, almost simultaneously. I usually get excited about one epiphany so multiple epiphanies are a real treat!

Epiphany #1: I am not a hoarder. Hoarders are mental and gross. I may be slightly mental but I am not gross. I am also not a collector. Collector is just a kind way to say hoarder. I am an accumulator. I don't hoard, I don't collect. I accumulate. I'm going to stick with that one until A & E comes out with a show about us then I will quickly separate myself from those accumulating freaks.

I had this little epiphany this morning while working on the spring vignette for my foyer table. And that brings me to my second epiphany.

Epiphany #2: It is impossible to say "spring vignette for my foyer table" without sounding like a pretentious jerk. Or a Junior Leaguer. No offense to my Junior League friends, you gals are doing a great job. Keep up the good work! Since I am neither a pretentious jerk nor a Junior Leaguer I have vowed to never use that phrase again. Instead of saying "spring vignette on my foyer table" I will say "pink crap on the card table by the front door". That's more accurate anyway.

Oh my gosh I just had a third epiphany.

Epiphany #3: I like saying the word 'epiphany'. I will add that to my list of fun words and phrases such as 'full tilt boogie' and 'juxtaposition'. I'm also growing very fond of pomegranate. It might make the list soon.

The above mentioned table with pink crap on it isn't finished yet but here's where I am so far.

I think it needs more muslin and maybe a doily or two. And something rusty for good measure.

No comments: