Pages

Thursday, October 02, 2014

AT&T overcompensates and then I grow a beard.

AT&T is cracking me up. I sent them that email on Tuesday explaining how I felt like they should send me a MicroCell for free, right? Less than 24 hours later, I had the free MicroCell in my hands. Problem solved. I think. I haven't actually hooked it up yet.

Just a few minutes ago I got a call from the manager of my local AT&T store saying he just got my email and would be glad to send me a free MicroCell. I did cc that email to a couple of different people so I can understand the communication breakdown. I don't know who forwarded it to my local store but I really think that was kind of a cool thing to do.

I told him that AT&T already shipped me one and he asked if they credited my account for it. I told him they never charged me in the first place. I felt like I shouldn't have to pay anything extra for cell service that I'm already paying for. He totally agreed and just wanted to make sure that I got what I needed and wasn't charged for it.

I'm not a big AT&T fan, but I am a loyal customer more out of habit than anything else. I'm happy with the results in this situation but definitely not happy with what it took to get there.

It reminds me of the Baby Lock ordeal. After it was all over they sent me an email asking me to remove my negative blog post since the situation was resolved. I refused because even though it was resolved in the end, it was still a negative experience because of how much trouble it was to get to the resolution! Der! 

The other day I was trying to figure out why I run into trouble with companies on such a regular basis. I decided I might be slightly high maintenance and probably bring on some of the trouble myself. I admit that. I wouldn't have had any trouble at all with AT&T if I'd just bought the MicroCell like they wanted me to. I guess most people would have done that and called it a day. But that didn't feel right to me so I made an issue out of it. Because it wasn't right. In my mind anyway. And I like to be right things to be done right. According to me.
This will be me after I get blacklisted by Tweezerman.

Okay fine, I'm a high maintenance control freak and I'm probably on my way to being blacklisted by corporate America so that no one in this country will ever let me buy their goods or services and I'll have to turn into one of those no impact people who lives "off the grid" (aka in a treehouse) and uses leaves for toilet paper.

Even in that situation I'm pretty confident that something won't go the way I think it should, I'll find someone to blame for it, and I'll have to carve my complaint letter on a piece of bark with the tooth I just lost.

That's my destiny.



4 comments:

Rita said...

You go, Girl! Keep them on their toes! I'm glad the local guy called you, too. Next thing they'll be emailing you to ask you to remove your negative post--ROFL! Don't do it! Hold your ground, Baby! :):)

patricia welch said...

I think you just explained to me why I am always fighting and going against the wind...I can't just let things go either. I need to be right, dang it, if I am right! (which I mostly am)
keep posting your crazy life...I love it!!

Shannon Green said...

Thanks so much y'all! I have an activist's heart and simply cannot tolerate an injustice, whether it affects me or someone else. I'm like a dog with a bone and just can't let go until I've either fixed it or exhausted all my options!

Anne Hayward said...

So great you received your mini tower I get so fed up with mini burocrats telling us what we can and can't do! Love your blog, love your YouTube have really missed your tutorials. Love the papers you have picked out for your tray and think just random will look brilliant can't wait to see it finished.