Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

This is how I shop for groceries.

Monday: I really needed to get groceries today but I had to film a quick video for Daddy Van's since it's already overdue. I thought I might get groceries afterwards but it ended up taking all dang day. I'll make the grocery list so I can get them tomorrow after my doctor's appointment. 

(Didn't make the list.)

Tuesday: I had to fast for bloodwork this morning so naturally I got a headache. By the afternoon it had turned into a migraine so I laid down for a few minutes then fell asleep. I woke up 3 hours later and still had the migraine. Since I won't be going to bed early I'll make the grocery list so that I'll be ready to get groceries tomorrow morning.

(Didn't make the list. Again.)

Wednesday: I need to get groceries today but I should pay bills first. That didn't take long. I noticed that my Tom's were looking pretty yucky so I decided to wash them. I promised myself I would NOT use the excuse of wet shoes to get out of grocery shopping, that would be immature. I could just wear tennis shoes. Then I saw it was awfully cloudy outside and sure enough, there's 80% chance of rain. I am NOT buying groceries in the rain. Been there, done that, it's miserable. I'll make the list and get groceries tomorrow for sure.

(Still didn't make the list.)

Thursday: Okay, Thursday isn't even here yet but I just remembered it's mine and Jayson's anniversary. I can't possibly buy groceries on our anniversary. We don't have any big anniversary plans but still, it's a day to celebrate, not buy groceries. I'll get them on Friday so that we'll have a full fridge for the weekend.

Friday: Friday isn't here yet but Friday is Funday. It sets the tone for the whole weekend. Grocery shopping isn't fun so I shouldn't ruin my Funday, and potentially my entire weekend, with it. We'll just order pizza and get groceries sometime over the weekend.

Saturday and Sunday: Since we don't pay for electricity on the weekends I've got to get all the laundry done before Monday. If I go to the grocery store I'll get distracted and lose my laundry momentum. I'll just start the week off right and get groceries on Monday. We can make do one more day with stuff we have on hand. I  think I saw a can of pork and beans and I'm pretty sure the flour canister is full.

Monday: Rinse and repeat.

7 comments:

Rita said...

I can just hear you in my mind's ear as I read this whole thing...giggling all the way. Great minds think alike. ;)

Mary W said...

So on Monday you mixed some flour in the beans and made bean pancakes similar to potato pancakes? or just thickened them up to make yourself feel fuller? LOL

Elsa said...

You don't pay for electricity on weekends???

CarolAnnTX said...

Grocery shopping alone isn't much fun,
take us with you. We will commiserate with you over the cost of things or debate the wisdom of buying a box of Little Debbie snack cakes vs a bag of Kit Kat minis to hide in the craft room. Maybe food blogging could lead to free groceries for you. :-)

Unknown said...

So I'm not remembering about the no electricity on weekends rule. Does that mean no television? No hairdryer?

Sandi

Annette McCarty said...

Shannon, someone as brilliant and witty as you should have an assistant that goes to the grocery store and does laundry and uses the electricity for those kinds of things. You need to save all your energy for just being charming and informative. You have a large following that is waiting to try to imitate you in every way. So forget the menial tasks, we need to hear more from your right brain. Journaling by 5s is proof of this. Anxiously awaiting, :)

Nina said...

Groceries = Cookies......do groceries, buy cookies. Does that help?!
Love your sense of humour!