Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Family Week at The Greens

My sister and her family are spending the week with us which means double the insanity around the Green House.

I cleaned up the house today and decided to jump in the shower shortly before my sister was due to arrive. As I was getting ready to shower, Taylor knocked on the bathroom door and asked if Aunt Mayn drives a black car now because she can sort of see one in the driveway. I told her I didn't think so, unless they borrowed a car, but she should go outside and check to be sure.

A few minutes later she bolted into the bathroom which is extremely unusual for her. Normally she knocks and makes me list the articles of clothing I'm wearing so that she can insure that I am appropriately covered before she opens the door. This time she failed to inventory my clothing before bursting through the door and immediately realized her mistake as we both locked eyes like a couple of deer in the headlights. She slammed the door shut and I hear her mumbling on the other side, "oh my gosh, I will forever remember this day as the day I saw my mother naked". This was no big deal when she was 4, but apparently now the sight of me naked induces vomiting in my child. I told her to wait until she accidentally sees her grandmother naked. That vision has been burned into my retinas for the past 30 years.

So we got past the emotional scarring and I asked her if the car was Aunt Mayn's. She said, "Oh. No, that was my car." She hasn't quite gotten used to seeing her new car in the driveway.

2 comments:

Janet Detter Margul said...

Taylor? HER CAR??!? My equilibrium is shaken once again. Why did we let these girls grow up?? Here's a world-rocker for you: Lisa will be 30, yes THIRTY, three-oh!, May 21. Remember when she went into your hotel room to check out the Q-Tips?

Oh yeah, and so as not to kill this blog before its time, I'm not reading it. I'm just making comments. You can continue to believe nobody's reading this, I'm just writing comments. Nobody better read my blog either.

Shannon Green said...

30??? That is so not possible.